February 12, 2010

Designed Myself

Trying new things in 2010, and one is blog design. TheCutestBlogOnTheBlock.com has many topics and tools for retooling your blog yourself.

We went to Amarillo after Christmas Day. We spent Christmas at our home. My first to not "be" with my parents and sisters. Few days after Christmas, once Kaitlyn and myself felt better, we went "home." My actual home, where I grew up, is located on this street. I walked to and from school most until high school. I loved turning onto my street and walking under this beautiful sight. I would look up at the branches nearly touching overhead. A canopy. In the winter, frost covered every branch, and every branch sparkled. In the Summer, sunlight broke through in sparse patches, leaves waved in the wind, and the sound of rushing water filled the air. It is no big deal to Justin. To Mom and I it is everyday familiar. Everyday missed. It is familiar to me and I love it.
I do not know if my friend or his family still live here. It is very out of place and out of ordinary. Yes, it is a small rural town, but people usually do not have tractors in their drive.
My neighbor I have known all my life has moved on. She is living with family as her memories begin to fade. I love Ms. Collier and loved everything about being her neighbor. I learned about baking, gardening, and neighboring from Margie. She was like a Granma to me since mine did not live nearby. I loved her snowball bushes that grew and grew and grew. I loved playing in her yard. I love that her birthday is the same as my Dad's. I loved that she always cared for us. I loved that her grandchildren would come over to play. Truly loved how clean and perfect her house was, and it smelled wonderful. The last time I saw her was August 2008 and I do not think she could remember my name. I did not care, just happy that Jacob met her and ran in her yard experiencing everything wonderful and simple about growing up on this small street.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i love the blog theme!! how much would it cost for you to design one for me?

it was great to see you today. hope we can get together sometime soon!