June 18, 2010

Just dropping in. It is past my bedtime. Something great happened today. Ants invaded via the patio door. This is has our second invasuion in one week and our second since we moved in. Our little friend the Gecko has not been around this summer, so the bugs are going CrAzY! Anywho, I sprang into action, ended the phone convo with Mom, and immediately went for my safe and natural arsenal. I sprinkled cinnamon, yes cinnamon from the pantry wherever I saw ants. There were bug and small, red and black, all ready to take over. The cinnamon hit and the ants were trapped. Some began climbing the wall to escape, but there was no escape. Those suckers were on fire! After smooshing a dozen with my handy 2x2 post-it note pad, I vacuumed those babies up; I kinda drenched the carpet in cinnamon, too. Whew1 It was a tough, quick battle, but we won for today.

I am so excited to see cinnamon, black pepper, chalk, and vinegar deter and ward off ants. Corn meal and Malt-O-Meal/Cream of Wheat are indigestible and kill ants in droves.

Such a random post, especially after such a vacation. Maybe it is the lack of sleep, which is why my bed and hubby are calling me.

No comments: