August 3, 2010

I'm Gonna Catch-you Up Tuesdays

I don’t have much time. Shhh! I’m suppose to be cleaning those floors over there – instead I am Catch’n You Up on Tuesday. A little bit of organization, designated my blog days, never hurts anyone. In fact, I have a love affair with organizing. My earliest (and fondest) memories were rearranging, cleaning and organizing the kitchen cabinets, linen closets or bathrooms. Enough said. Kaitlyn celebrated her first birthday May 22 and the day after we had a wonderful lazy family day at the Botanical Gardens. Kaitlyn's day-after-first-birthday began with a photo shoot on the porch. I love her zeal for life! Kaitlyn is such a go-getter and she is overly curious. I love taking photos of her - her skin is so pretty and her eyes are simply dreamy! Plus, Princess K is always willing to smile for the camera. Jacob and Justin were inside watching air-o-planes. Yes, it was a Sunday, and we didn't go to church. However, we had a yummy breakfast, leftover birthday cake and a good nap. It was so perfect. This dishes waiting to be put up from the party - not so perfect. After naptime, Team Bentley headed to the thriving Metropolis of Fort Worth. That's right! It was Justin's first visit to the Botanical Gardens, so we swung by Taco B for our sophisticated picnic. Princess K was asleep, so Jacob showed Justin around. When Kaitlyn awoke from her slumber, we headed over to a shaded area to picnic. Even though it was late afternoon, boy, it was hot and steamy! Nothing like Southern heat and humidity to make hair poof and clothes stick to the body. Ooooooh yea. First stop is with the friendly turtle trying escaping sticks and taunts of little boys, one of which is mine. He was actually very loving toward the turtle getting down to eye level and inspecting such creature. I am closing this post with tons of photos at the Home Sweet Bentley Shutterfly Share site.

No comments: