September 12, 2011

Firsts

Jacob and Kaitlyn are headed to preschool. Last week was their first week, and Jacob has only one returning friend from the past two years. He really misses his friend Dakota - he has spiky hair. Kaitlyn had a great first day, but refused to stay her second day. I was called within 15 minutes to take her home. Laundry and ironing more fun??? Praying tomorrow goes much better. The staff is super sweet and such encouragers.



Guess what? I am Jacob's classroom Mom again this year! I LOVE planning their parties, and I tend to go OVERBOARD, but that is okay!!!! I cannot tell you how awesome it feels when Jacob comes home happy from preschool. This week he "made a new song" and sang it for us. The B-I-B-L-E! What a blessing to hear a sweet boy belt it out!



Justin had these things sitting in the garage and he didn't tell me! Not just 1 but THREE!!!! He caught them the night before and they are big suckers! They are cute, just do not want them to jump on me or crawl in bed. Ewwww! Our dog Mollie will eat them, which is such a blessing when Justin isn't home, and I am in a panic. The kids love them. What do you think? House guests that eat bugs????



This is Fred...



This girl loves geckos...and dirt...and dresses...and bows...oh my!



I am SO afraid of geckos. When we moved here, I began having nightmares about them. I would wake Justin up screaming and grasping for him like crazy. Serious issues here!!! Maybe he has been praying for me since I haven't had one in awhile. He's such a good man.



From a distance, the darn things are super cute.



On another note, we took it easy yesterday.  We are so grateful to worship in our church on the anniversary of 9-11.  I walked Jacob to class, praising God because 10 years ago my life was not fully committed to Him.  And, now, God has entrusted two beautiful people for us to raise.  Wasn't it perfect that the 10th anniversary fell on a Sunday, a peaceful restful Sunday?  Justin and I took turns greeting at church since both children were crying when left in class.  Justin said a lady who works for American Airlines was new, visiting today. She said she didn't attend church, but it was just fitting for her to come here since it was the 10th anniversary.  She wanted to be filled with Hope.  Chuck sure gave us a message of HOPE  - we are NOT alone in our time of need. 



"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, whot have been called according to his purpose."
Romans 8:28 NIV

Have a great day, and please be prayin' for us tomorrow with easy drop off at preschool!

No comments: