September 26, 2011

Busy Girl

I have been waiting for the new issues of Southern Living, Martha Stewart Living and Better Homes & Garden to arrive.  MSL arrived, but it was last month's issue and I already have that one.  Strange.  By the way, my magazines are free subscriptions after taking surveys, making it waaaay easier to tell Sweet Hubs I cannot cancel because it is free.  (He often wonders why he doesn't have an array of manly magazines.  Surveys, babe, surveys.  Besides, he does have 1 manly magazine about Bass Fishing, courtesy of surveys.)  I like BHG because Mom always had a BHG subscription (and still does).

I may run down to my neighbors to borrow her BHG, if she has it.

Do you ever feel, ugh, like you do not measure up?   I so feel this way lately with Kaitlyn.  She is such a joyful and enthusiastic beauty.  At the same time, in all of her two-ness, she is emotional, screamy, kicky, bossy, and hard to read at times.  I kind of remember this with Jacob at this age, but I was overwhelmed with Kaitlyn and her physical therapy to concentrate much on the fussiness of his two-ness.  Since there is no child down line of Kaitlyn, I have time to concentrate on this.  She is my daughter, my first daughter, my only daughter at this time. 
I told a friend recently that being a stay at home mom, I realized this past year, is very foreign to me.  My Mom went back to work when I was a year old.  She stayed home with my sisters, and for whatever reason, she said my third sister drover her nutty and she had to go back to work.  That sister is 3 years older than myself.  I didn't get to see Mom as a SAHM but on rare occasions when she took a week or two off or when my sisters went to camp and she stayed home with me.  I loved those times.  For some it may not matter, and this is not a guilt trip to anyone, but for me, I am a visual and hands-on learner.  I adored time with Mom learning to bake, sew, embroider and garden.  Just loved it!  Anyway, sometimes as a SAHM, I have had to educate myself in so many areas in order to feel like a success.  I still feel lacking in the area of my two year old daughter. 

So what do you when you feel like you do not have enough "education" to get you to where you need to be?  You learn!  You learn from Mom, neighbors, friends, books, magazines.  So, I am learning to measure up.  Kaitlyn's preschool teacher said she loves to be The Big Girl and help.  This girl is always on my heels.  I knew she likes to help, but that she responds overwhelmingly to helping is amazing!  I always was the helper for Mom.  I am "getting" you, baby girl!  Check her out below... painting butter to puff pastry for cinnamon rolls.









So thankful for teaching moments.  So thankful for Mom and her teaching me to do so many things.  So thankful for passing the love to my little one!  * My Southern Living FINALLY came in the mail and we loved flipping through the pages together.* And now to catch up with her as she de-rolls the paper towels. My oh my, you are a busy girl!!!!

No comments: